Friday, August 21, 2009

HELP! My Dell axim pda will not fully sync! Contacts, tasks, and notes are greyed out!?

Every time I try to sync my axim pda the calender, contacts, tasks, and notes will not sync. And now the contacts, tasks, and notes are greyed out and I can not even click on them. It says "attention required" after a sync and when I click it a window pops up stating ' Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the network and access information. Restart your computer and sync again. If problem persists contact your network administrator '.



The only network I have is a home nework consisting of a cable modem and router. Everything was working fine a few days ago and it seemed to have started when I upgraded my McAfee antivirus. I've tried reinstalling my activesync software and have uninstalled McAfee but still will not fully sync. When I dock the pda my pc sees it and opens activesync but does not fully sync everything. It will sync my favorites (internet bookmarks) which tells me that it is somewhat working. Any help greatly appreciated.



HELP! My Dell axim pda will not fully sync! Contacts, tasks, and notes are greyed out!?moto guzzi



Do you open Outlook before starting synchronisation?



If you don't then do so. Your PC may have got itself into the same state as mine where it will only Synchronise these items if Outlook is actually open and running at the time. I've never found the reason for this, nor have I been able to fix it but at least I can still synchronise.

No comments:

Post a Comment