Friday, August 21, 2009

Will most of my applications work when I upgrade to Mac OS X Leopard?

I heard that with past versions of Mac OS X, there have been compatibility problems when making the jump from one OS to the next. Here's what I've installed on my system



- Microsoft Office 2004 Student and teacher Edition



- HALO for Mac



- AOL Radio



- DIVX Player



- Firefox 2.0.0.6 for Mac



- Onyx



- Yemuzip



- Stuffit Expander



- iWork 06



- Gametap (Mac)



- Norton Antivirus 10 for Mac



- Intego NetBarrier



- HP C3100 Printer software



- Windows Media Player 9 (MAC)



Will these work if I make the jump to Leopard? Thanks, your answers are very much appreciated!



Will most of my applications work when I upgrade to Mac OS X Leopard?antivirus downloads



I have one application (a game) from 1984 that I run on my Dual G5 with OS 10.4.10 installed, so I don't know what you mean by compatibility problems.



Sure, there may be some applications that don't work well, but that's the developer's problem. Norton Antivirus is a good example. It's terrible on any Mac OS, not to mention completely unnecessary. I hear it's even bad in Windows, where it is necessary!



Will most of my applications work when I upgrade to Mac OS X Leopard?cafe racer



OK - you need to ask another question : what about my peripherials (printer, scanner, any external reader like DVD external) - will drivers be ready ????????????????????



You know there are always glitches and waiting period for both



new version of operating system and software/drivers to synch



together and some older stuff is just disregarded so why you just don't WAIT AT LEAST 6 MONTHS and upgrade than like most other forward thinking Mac users ???????????????????????????
Just to give you a heads up.



Many of the programs you mention probably could have issues to start with. Reason Apple doesn't give the software manufactures a copy to start working on there software before the release. So it may take a short amount of time before they get up to speed with the new operating system.



Don

No comments:

Post a Comment