Sunday, August 23, 2009

How can I fix a Code 39 on a missing or corrupted TSST CORP cd-rw/dvd-r drive?

My CD-ROM drive will not work. My computer isn't seeing it. The light comes on the actual cd drive, it spins, operates as it should as far as that goes. It's listed in Device Manager. There's a yellow exclamation point over the driver icon. I cannot update the driver because Windows Update shuts down my browser each time it attempts to read the Windows Update Software. I've run SpyWare and AntiVirus programs already. I uninstalled the driver, but obviously can't read the driver disk to reinstall. I don't see anything on the web site. Dell's Service Tag for my computer doesn't even list the exact supposed driver that I have. I'm very confused and irritated.



How can I fix a Code 39 on a missing or corrupted TSST CORP cd-rw/dvd-r drive?internet security 2006



oooh this is a juicy one. I had this before...I thought my drive was bad, but it turned out to be a registry problem which was easily fixable by following the instructions on this page here:



(follow this even if you never had Easy CD Creator..this will fix it)



For Windows 2000:



http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270008



For Windows XP:



http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/E...



How can I fix a Code 39 on a missing or corrupted TSST CORP cd-rw/dvd-r drive?microsoft



CD drives do break, often. I wouldn't be surprised if you need to buy a new one. If this is not the case (ir is a new drive) then try to open your PC and physically remove the power to it and then plug it back in and turn your PC on. It shold find the new hardware and try to reinstall it. Otherwise, I sugggest the first part of this. In my line of work I see CD drives go all the time.
I'm not sure if you have this service close to your home, but a really helpful company called "GEEK SQUAD" . If it helps, you can call them at 1-800-433-5778 or look them up on www.geeksquad.com .Hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment