Sunday, August 23, 2009

How do i get rid of a virus that doesnt let my laptop turn on?

I have norton antivirus and when i was using the internet, i got a popup that said malicious software detected or something similar. When i clicked on my antivirus to clean it, my laptop turned off and when it turned back on, it just showed a blank screen. i tried running it in safe mode and i still got the blank screen. After it shows the "Windows Vista loading" screen it just goes blank. I dont have the vista cd because my computer came with vista installed and best buy didnt give me a cd. Im on a very very tight budget so i cant afford to go to geek squad. What can i do?



How do i get rid of a virus that doesnt let my laptop turn on?free antivirus



You don't want to go to Geek Squad anyway. They'll just rip you off. And, besides, they can't do what you need done.



Also, you just found out why _NOT_ to use Norton!!! :|



What you need to do is find PROOF of where you bought that Laptop and that is was in FACT preloaded with Windows Vista and then contact Microsoft:



http://support.microsoft.com/common/inte...



Jump through all their hoops to try to get them to send you a replacement copy of Vista on CD this time! (You SHOULD have made your back up copy the very second you got home with that new computer BEFORE even hooking it to the net!!!) M$ may even tell you to contact the manufacturer of the Laptop, so don't be surprized!!!



I hope this helps. Good Luck!!! You're going to NEED all the Luck you can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment